Wednesday, June 1, 2011

18 Eggs!!!

I had my ER this morning and everything went really well. We got up around 6:00 to get everything (me)  ready to go. My clinic asks us to douche the morning of ER so I stepped into the shower to take care of that. I was pretty uncomfortable this morning, but I actually felt better than I remember feeling for IVF #1. For IVF #1 I was so bloated that I basically waddled into the office. Not to mention every bump in the road on the way to clinc was killer. 
 
 I felt more pain this time in my ovaries, but definitely didn't feel as bloated this time. We left the house at about 6:30 and got lost on the way. Not really lost lost, but we took the wrong exit and ended up driving through a mall parking and a few plaza's before finding our way back on track and to the clinic. 
 
Once we got to the center I was quickly shuffled back to the pre-op/recovery room. Nurse Kathi went over all of my medical history and then I got dressed into my gown.She went over everthing about the procedure and even explained how they would retrieve the eggs. Until today I had no idea the needle went through the vaginal wall. I guess it makes sense, but I never really thought about it.  Our clinic has wifi so I got on facebook while I waited for the "happy meds" guy to come in. The whole pre-op process went pretty quick. I go to the clinic at about 7:00 and I was wheeled to the procedure room at about 7:50. 
 
 I don't remember much after being rolled into the procedure room. I just know that when I woke up they told me we had 18 eggs retrieved, which is almost the exact same number we got last time. I'm pretty happy with that. Once I was able to relieve myself I was released to go home, which was about an hour later. I probably could have gone sooner, but I could not stay awake after I initially work up. I was so much more tired this time than I remember being last time. Lucky for me I was the only patient they had this morning so I got all the attention from the staff. 
 
 Once I got home I was able to eat a bit so I could take my pain pill, then I slept for a couple of hours. I feel a lot better now, but I cannot stop peeing! So I am just going to rest up tonight and keep my fingers crossed for a great fert report tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment