Tuesday, June 7, 2011

No Frosties

Around 2:25 this afternoon I decided to call the clinic to see if we had any that made it to freeze. I can't remember from last cycle if they called us or we called them, but I was really curious so I called. V said she hadn't heard from the IVF center yet so she asked me to hold while she called them. Before she even got back on the phone I knew it was bad news. I was sure that if the clinic had good news they would have called the clinic.
So, it was obviously no surprise when V got back on the phone and told me that none of them made them to freeze. I was heartbroken. I just can't believe how we went from making such great blasts last cycle to making such "fair" not "poor" blasts this cycle. I asked V to tell me what the ones we transferred back really were and she said they were "fair" not "poor". I asked her if people had ever gotten pregnant with "fair" blasts and she said yes.
I then asked why things turned out so different, we did the exact same thing!!! She said sometimes its just happens. She said Dr. T would likely be changing my protocol for next cycle. She said we might be able to use our frozen blasts, but I still don't think we want to. They are the best things we have right now and we are saving them in case we end up getting our money back. Plus, they aren't really part of the Shared Risk program and if they are the ones that work I would still want my money back.  She then told me not to even worry because we still had a good chance for this cycle. I don't know if I believe it.
Honestly, the last year has been pretty rough. Really, I am so happy for my birthday to come because I think things have to start turning around after that. I can't continue to have this kind of bad luck forever. I am just really going to focus on staying positive, relaxing, and praying that the two we put back are fighting to stick around for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment