Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cycle Update and Sister in Law RANT!!

Unfortunately I am losing faith in this cycle. I am trying to stay hopeful, but I started spotting yesterday. So, sadly it looks like we will be taking an additional month off before starting IVF #3 so that I can lose at least 20 lbs.
Now, on to my sister in law.
I really don't understand this girl at all. I really don't. Since Mr. P and I have been married M has been to our house two times. We have been married 5 1/2 years. How many times have we been to M's house? Probably 30. I know that the main reason is that the first two years we were married I lived 14 hours away from Mr. P, and M. Mr. P only came home on school breaks so I usually traveled up there when I could. So, if I was up there, Mr. P and I would go see M. Well the last two years Mr. P and I have lived only a few hours away from M. In that that time, we have gone to see her at least 5 times together. Mr. P has gone at least 5 more times on his own. How many times has M come to see us? One!

Well about a month ago M asked us to come up for a weekend because her hubs wanted to go out four wheeling with his buddies and she didn't want to be home alone. She was 9 months pregnant at the time and was afraid to be alone. Well, we decided not to go up to her house so that her husband could shirk his responsibility to his family. Not really because we didn't want to see her, but more because we are starting to feel as though she only wants us to come visit her when it's convenient for them, and she never wants to come down to see us.
Well I guess Mr. P told his sister that we were going to go down to see her this weekend. Which, I'm pretty sure he forgot to tell me. Well Tuesday she calls and tells us that she has another commitment so they are going to be out of town (four hours away). Yesterday we asked her to come down for 4th of July. Today she calls to tell us her other commitment fell through and we can come. We've already made other plans so we can't go. She says that she can't travel the four hours to come see us in July. Mr. P asks why she can travel the four hours to her other commitment and her response "she will get to see more people". So, it benefits her more. Then she gets mad at us because we won't see the baby till he's almost two months old. Really!!!
 She is on maternity leave right now and her husband is a teacher so he's off for the summer. Mr. P and I both work. She is off the WHOLE month of July also, why can't they come this way? I understand that is is hard to travel with kids, but it's really only a few hours and they could easily break up the trip by stopping places along the way. They aren't in a hurry they don't have to get back for work. I just wish that she would realize that we won't be this close to them for very long and when we move, we won't have the chance to see them very often. It makes me sad, and it makes me mad. I know that her thinking is that we don't have a life so we should just drop everything and come up there. We see it as we would like to see you also, but we shouldn't always be the ones who have to travel. Also, she it pisses us off that she is willing to travel four hours to see her hub's family, but not to see her brother. Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment