Thursday, September 19, 2013

Symptoms – or lack thereof


The hardest part of this pregnancy in relation to my three chemical pregnancies is that I have had absolutely no symptoms. With the last three CPs I felt different and I knew I was pregnant so I wanted to test. This time, I felt nothing, I just wanted to test. At 16 DPO this time, my nipples did become sore, but that’s been it. They aren’t even really that sore. In fact the most sore they have been was on Tuesday morning. Today, they aren’t sore at all unless I pinch the crap out of them. So, I am now kicking myself for not having my beta done today. I am also now spotting.

I called the REs office and spoke with V. She said that spotting is common with the Crinone, but then I asked her if I could have a blood test done tomorrow. So now I have a beta scheduled for tomorrow morning. I wish I wouldn’t have chickened out of having it done today, but I did. Luckily I will be extremely distracted after I leave work today until I get the results of the beta tomorrow. LC has his 18 month photos this evening, and tomorrow morning is his 18 month check-up. By the time I get done with his appointment, get him back in “school” (shitty daycare), then they should be calling with my results.

A part of me feels like I’m worrying about nothing, and that everything is going to be fine. I have had normal betas so far that have doubled in the time frame and I haven’t started bleeding. My betas are way higher now than they have ever been with my CPs. Then, there is the other side of me which reminds me of how confident I was back in March when I went in to see my OB for the side pain and found out I was getting an ultrasound. I was so excited to find out there was nothing in my uterus. So, I am trying to remain positive. I know that I cannot control what is going to happen, so worrying isn’t going to do me any good.

On another note, I am so excited for LCs 18 month photos today! These were actually supposed to be 12 month photos, but with all the rain we have had this spring, we have had to cancel and reschedule more times than I care to remember. We have done these photos every three months since he was born with the last ones being at 9 months so it’s going to be crazy for our photographer to see how much he has grown. Unfortunately Mr. P won’t be there, but I’m okay with that. I don’t mind a little mommy and me photo session!

No comments:

Post a Comment