Friday, September 6, 2013

Labor Day Weekend

Last weekend I left LC for the first time and went to have a much needed, long overdue, girls weekend. One of my best friends from college has a sister who lives up in DC so we met up there for the weekend. It was so nice to be able to hang out and relax, laugh, and just have a good time. Looking back we didn’t do a whole lot, but we seemed to be busy the entire time.
I got there Friday night and we that night we just went to dinner at a Greek restaurant. Saturday I got up and ran 4 miles (yay for me), and then we took a Segway tour around to see the monuments, the capital, and a few other sites. We used Smithsonian Tours by Segway and I thought our tour guide did a great job. We got there late, so he had to rush through our safety brief, but we picked it up pretty quick. There was a women there with her husband who was having the worst time and I just knew she was going to crash. Well, she didn’t, but I did. There was one part of the tour we had to go around a tight (in my opinion) corner and I didn’t make it. I went one way, the Segway went another. It was bad, but I survived.
After the tour we went to the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History and then to the Holocaust Museum.  That was enough for me. After the four mile run, standing on a Segway for 3 hours, walking around two museums, and walking to and from the metro, my legs were DONE! Sunday we went to brunch at a nice place that had bottomless mimosas. HEAVEN!! We did a little shopping, and then just relaxed. Sunday night we headed to the National Harbor and then Monday I left. The whole weekend was amazing, but definitely went by to fast!
Mr. P and LC went home to my ILs for the weekend.  I don’t know what all they did, but I’m sure that LC had a blast playing with his cousins. I honestly can’t stand being around my SIL and her kids because I feel like LC and her youngest don’t play well together. They are both at the age where they really aren’t into sharing. Well, if her son takes a toy from mine it’s all good, but if LC takes a toy from her kid, she tries to make him give it back. The last time were all together was at the beach this weekend. I let a lot of shit slide that weekend in order to keep the peace, but I won’t next time.
I had called my MIL to give her LCs restrictions last Thursday, but I’m sure he ate something he wasn’t supposed to. He came back with diarrhea and a diaper rash. In fact his diaper rash was so bad that on Wednesday I took him to the doctor. It had gotten so bad that an infection had developed.  I sometimes don’t understand how that woman can have such a cavalier attitude when it comes to the safety of a child. Whenever I change LCs diaper I use A&D ointment. EVERY DIAPER CHANGE. At daycare, they use it at every diaper change. So, I don’t understand why she would feel (because I’m sure she was the one changing diapers) that my request for her to use it could or should be ignored. He’s not her child.
Anyway, after a day at home with mommy yesterday, some Rx cream, and a quick rinse off in the tub after every poopy diaper, he is doing better and back at daycare today. I felt so bad for him because every time we changed him he was in so much pain. I think even the water burned because he would just stand there and whine as I rinsed off his bum-bum and he was afraid to sit in the water. I am so glad he is doing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment