Monday, September 9, 2013

Back to DC

We went to DC yesterday for a celebration dinner honoring a family friend who was being promoted to Brigadier General in the Army. Mr. P really didn’t want to go, but he sucked it up and went. The actual promotion was today, but I had a presentation at work that I couldn’t miss. I am really sad that I didn’t get to see it because this gentleman saw me grow up, and he pinned my LT rank on me when I graduated from OBC. He has always been there to support our family and I’m really sad that I had to miss this milestone in his life.
My parents flew in from out of town for the ceremony, so we went up early and spent the day with them. We didn’t do a whole lot with them because we had limited time, but we were able to go the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History again. That place is HUGE. I only looked at one exhibit yesterday that I looked at again yesterday, and I still haven’t seen the whole thing. LC had quite an experience there. We were in the insect zoo and there was a lady leaning over looking at a bug and LC smacked her ass! I was so embarrassed! The look on her face was complete disgust until she realized it was LC who had done it, and then she calmed down.  Mortified, I tell my parents to which my dad responds “that’s my grandson”!

No comments:

Post a Comment