Friday, August 16, 2013

RE appointment Today

So I had my first appointment with the RE in over two years today. It was strange. As I was getting off of the elevator about to walk into their office, I was telling myself that the last time I was in that office I had gotten great news and I wanted to leave their office for the last time with good news again, on the same high note.

So my appointment today was with Dr. S. He is from Duke and is new to the practice. Dr. R retired sometime last year and Dr. S is the new partner. He has the most amazing bedside manner and is very thorough. We went over my history and he went over in detail, the results of my RPL panel. Unfortunately for me my RPL panel all came back within normal limits, so there wasn't anything that we could or really would change due to the results of the RPL.

He discussed what other tests he would like to run such as a thyroid antibody test and another test - the name I can't remember - which would test to see if my body reacts to gluten. Honestly I didn't see the reason to run either of those test. The thyroid test he said would just be information because there wouldn't be a protocol change and the other test I can just go gluten free now as that would be change if that result came back positive.

The reason I wanted to go to see the RE was because I wanted to know where to go next. What options did we have. Mr. P and I had discussed trying on our own for two more months and then going back for a FET if we weren't successful. That was until we had another CP. After this pregnancy ended also, we needed to increase our chances of being successful on our own.

I wanted to try up to two medicated timed intercourse cycles prior to doing a FET, and Dr. S agreed. He did say that we could start right away since I started bleeding this morning. He did an ultrasound to ensure I was cyst free and then said we could start the cycle....

and then ....

he remembered that I had a CP this cycle, so he said that I needed to have my blood work done to ensure my betas dropped before we could start. I really didn't think I was going to end up getting my betas this cycle, but I guess I did. My beta came back at a 10 and I can't start any meds until it is less than 5. So, I have to have it drawn Monday to see if it has dropped. I am hoping that the lab by my house can get their shit together and get the test done and sent to Dr. S on Monday. I doubt it though. That lab is so fucked up. So, I likely won't be able to start anything until Tuesday. Part of me just wants to drive up to the REs office Monday and get the labs done up by their office, but I don't know
if I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment