Thursday, August 22, 2013

My FSH Meds Came Today

I am pretty excited about this because now everything is set to go. My REs office got everything taken care of in regards to my insurance on Tuesday, and then yesterday I got a call from the pharmacy to say that they got everything from the docs office, got my insurance stuff squared away, and they were ready to place the order.
This is the part where I almost shit a brick, she tells me how much my insurance covered and then gave me my remaining balance….$39! I about died! I cannot believe that my insurance covered the cost of the injectable meds. I thought I had remembered that Tri.care would cover the cost for TI cycles, and I was praying it was true, and I guess it actually is! I am over the moon with joy about this.
Today, my meds arrive because the pharmacy overnights them, and I open the box, and I don’t have enough FSH! Dr. S had told me that I would be on 150 units of the Follistim for 4 days. I only got a 300 unit pen. So, I had to call the office and ask what was going on. Dr. S explained that he had told me 150, but decided to do 100 instead, but that the nurse was confused and ordered the wrong amount anyway. So, long story short they had to order me more meds.
I asked Dr. S if he was sure that I didn’t need the 150 and he said yes. He said the is hoping that I get 2-3 mature follicles based on my age. When we did the IUIs back in 2009 we only had 1-2 mature per cycle. So the increase in Follistim from 75 (back in 2009) to 100 now he believes will do the trick. Then he said sometimes the first stim cycle is kinda like a guessing game. I had to let him know that I only planned on doing this once!
 I actually feel better about doing a TI cycle than I ever did about doing an IUI. I know that’s weird, but it’s true. Even with the small hiccups with this cycle I am still feeling really good about it. I don’t know if it’s that I am more relaxed this time around, that I like how Dr. S has handled most things so far, or what, but I feel better. With my IUIs I felt that they were poorly timed. I didn’t like doing them the day of and the day after O. I always wanted them done the day before and the day of. I think doing the TI makes me feel better because I kinda feel like we have a little bit of control. Who knows. All I know is that I’m hopeful that this is going to work out this month!
So, the rest of my meds should arrive tomorrow and then I have my first US on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment