Monday, August 19, 2013

Now I Wait

I had somehow forgotten all the waiting around that is involved with fertility treatment cycles. Friday when I went in Dr. S did my ultrasound and said that I had an AFC (antri-follicle count – I think) of 13 on my left and 18 on my right. I think he counted a few on the right twice, so I really think that number is closer to 13 also, but what do I know. I got my script for clomid, and I’m ready to go… or so I thought. Because of the CP I had I had to get my betas checked to ensure that the pregnancy hormone was out of my system. Well, my beta came back at a 10. Today I had to get it checked again to see if it is below 5 or not. So, at lunch I went to the ghetto lab by my office and got my blood drawn. Now I wait…. I wait for a phone call to let me know if I am able to start my meds tonight or if I have to wait until tomorrow. I guess I should have checked this, but I also don’t know what my insurance coverage is. I am pretty sure that Aetna will cover some part of my treatment cycle and Tri.care will pick up the rest. This is what I am hoping. If I remember correctly Tri.care will cover some costs associated with a TI cycle so that is why I am choosing to go this route.
My REs office just called…. I now understand how why women are so stressed out during the middle of a cycle. On Friday I was told if the beta came back negative today start the meds. The nurse just calls, tells me its negative, and then to call back when I was ready to start treatment. Umm, WTF! I didn’t just do a treatment cycle. Wouldn’t that be in my chart? Now I’m beginning to stress out and wonder if I’m going to be able to cycle this month, or if I’m going to be pushed out another month. This irritates me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment