Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Next Step

I decided yesterday that it was time to go back to the RE. I have always said thought that we would try for one year and if we didn’t conceive on our own, then we would go back for them. I always knew that I didn’t want to leave VA without transferring my embryos, but I never thought we would be moving before our year of TTC#2 was up. Well, Mr. P got notified that he is going to come down on orders in December/January timeframe, so we are moving.
With what is going on now, we have decided that we will try on our own for two more cycles and then go back to get our embies. I am hoping that we can do a medicated TI cycle for both of those two cycles in hopes of maybe increasing the number and quality of eggs that I release.  I know that many people would rather choose to use their frozen embies first but that is not what I want to do. The IVF coordinator for my RE told me yesterday that if we choose that course of action that she has never had anyone choose to do that before.
I can understand that, but I am just so hesitant to do a FET first for so many reasons:
1.       IVF didn’t work for us
2.       We seem to be getting pregnant on our own so MAYBE timed intercourse will work
3.       Our insurance will cover a timed intercourse cycle
4.       We are OOP for the FET and I will be without a job once we move
5.       IVF didn’t work for us!
I am so scared, but I am really hopeful about this for some reason. I feel like going to the RE and doing another physical will ensure my parts are working, and I feel like the medicated cycle will help produce better quality eggs. I am confident that this will work. IT HAS TO!! I am truly putting all my faith into being in a successful pregnancy when we leave VA.

No comments:

Post a Comment