Sunday, May 29, 2011

2nd Follie Check for IVF #2

I had my second follie check for IVF #2 today. Mr. P was able to go with me today since it's a Sunday. He did however have football practice (rec league) before my appointment so he was sweaty and gross. If I had been thinking, I would have at least brought him a clean shirt to change into. Oh well!  I got to see Dr. R today because it is his weekend to be on call. I always forget how different the two of them are and I sometimes wonder how they can be in a practice together. Dr. R just has so much more personality and offers you (the patient) so much more information without you having to ask for it.

I wasn't surprised to hear that everything grew from Wednesday because I have been having serious pains on my right side where my ovary is. I didn't ask how many follies I had, but Dr. R said I had a good number. He felt that I could trigger today or tomorrow but just like last time if we wait till tomorrow we will likely get more mature eggs.   My lining is up to 12 now and I have the triple thing (whatever that is).  My e2 is 2900 which Dr. R doesn't think will cause me a problem if I stim for one more night. Next check is tomorrow morning!

I haven't really been that nervous this cycle, but for some reason as soon as we walked into the clinic today my stomach turned over. I don't know why, I guess because we are now closer to the end of this cycle it's becomming more of a reality. Or I'm still just fearing that damn enema! I hate doing that.

Earlier this week Mr. P's sister had text us that if the baby doesn't come on his own she was going to be induced on Thursday the 2nd of June. Yesterday morning Mr. P was on the phone with his mom and I overheard him say "she said he was coming and she had to go, so I'm calling to find out what's going on". Turns out his sisters dog jumped off of her bed and hurt himself. She was saying that the vet was coming so she had to go. Do you know that hearing him say that to his mom almost put me into cardiac arrest!

We found out that Mr. P's sister was pregnant with her second child in October. Considering that we started trying for a baby of our own after her first son was born in 2007, I really wanted to be pregnant before her second son arrived. Since that obviously isn't going to happen, I at least wanted to be past my ER before her son arrived. I almost died when I thought she had already had the baby and I wasn't really any step further to being a mom. I know that's stupid, but at times I really feel like everyone else is moving on and I'm standing still. ::SIGH::

No comments:

Post a Comment