Friday, February 28, 2014

28 Weeks - Welcome to Third Tri!

  • How far along? 28 Weeks 
  • Total weight gain: 34 lbs
  • Maternity clothes?  yep
  • Stretch marks? None new that I have noticed. 
  • Sleep: I really don't have any issues when it comes to sleep. 
  • Best moment this week:  Passed my GTT! 
  • Miss Anything? Dairy! I have decided to give it up starting in 3rd Tri due to LC being MSPI
  • Movement: I am starting to feel more which makes me feel better
  • Food cravings: I don't really belive in cravings
  • Food aversions: I wish!!
  • Gender: He is still a boy according to our US yesterday
  • Labor Signs: Nope.
  • Symptoms: Back pain, gas, and horrible heartburn!!
  • Belly Button in or out? Out, and it has been out since about 18 weeks this time
  • Wedding rings on or off? Off since about 22 weeks 
  • Looking forward to: Nothing specific that I can think of. 

I had two appointments yesterday, and both of them went well. The first was my initial appointment/GTT at the new practice that I am now going to. I got to meet my doctor who seems pretty straight forward and nice at the same time. I appreciate that. I don't need someone who will blow smoke up my ass, but I don't need you to deliver news to me without an ounce of compassion either. So, while I haven't heard officially that I passed my GTT I haven't heard otherwise so I'm assuming I'm safe. I would think they would want someone to know right away if they failed. 

Random thought here - I think it's crazy how different offices do the GTT test. In VA I drank the drink at home, came in and had my blood drawn, and if I failed, I did the three hour test. 
This time, I just did the three hour test. Which, since my babysitter fucking bailed on me Wednesday night at 6pm, sucked! 

My second appointment was with my MFM for another growth ultrasound. Baby boy seems to be doing well and is still measuring a bit ahead, but not as much as last time. They estimate his weight to be about 2lbs. I will go back in 4 weeks for another one so I'm excited to see how much he will have grown. 

LC was stuck with me all day yesterday and I honestly felt bad for him. He had to sit and be pretty much still at the doctors office for three hours, then get in a car and ride for an hour, sit through another appointment, and then another hour ride home. That's a lot to ask of a two year old and honestly, I think he did pretty good. Since we have been re-introducing dairy to him and he's tolerating it well, I got him a milkshake to enjoy on the ride home. I will now be cleaning his car seat, but I don't care. He deserved it, and he thoroughly enjoyed it! 



  1. Hi there, I stumbled across your blog on a google search. A few posts back, you talked about an enlarged yolk sac? did that resolve itself? I got the same info at my doc yesterday and I'm freaking out! what you read on the internet is horrible so I'm looking for someone who's had a good outcome with this!

    1. Sorry I just saw this. I e-mailed you at the address you provided.