Friday, February 21, 2014

LCs Vocabulary

Ever since I started staying home with LC I have convinced myself that he is not learning enough being home with me. That was always my fear when he was a baby also and I initially debated staying home with him. I don't think that he is learning all that he should be. I would love to start some sort of "school lessons" with him daily, but we have literally been in our house one month today and so far we just haven't had the time. I really am going to try to start that next week. I'll make sure to post about how it goes. Anyway, even with our lack of educational activities, I am thoroughly impressed with his vocabulary. He will be 2 next month and he uses at least 200 words on a regular basis.
LC is my first child, so I don't know if this is normal or not, but I know that he says more words and speaks more clearly than 90% of the children his age we have met since I have started to stay home with him. At his daycare, all of the children seemed to be on the same level. Well, there was one little girl at his daycare who ran circles around all the other children when it came to speaking and vocabulary but his teachers assured me (and several other parents) she was an anomaly.
This is just my observation. It means nothing, but it does make me wonder if being home with this next one will delay his development. What if  I'm not as good for my children educationally as a daycare center would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment