Thursday, February 20, 2014

UPDATE

It's been so long since I've updated I don't know where to begin. There hasn't been a lot that has gone on, but I feel like a lot has happened. In a nutshell, I am still pregnant, we moved half-way across the country, and I am now a stay at home mom (SAHM).

I can't say that I have had the easiest time adjusting to all of this. Our move for one was horrible. I thought it would be easier for LC and I to fly and for Mr. P and my FIL to drive. Well, LC and I got stuck in Chicago, had to stay overnight at the airport, I ran out of diapers and the airport was sold out!! Seriously, how does that happen?? I ended up asking anyone I saw with a toddler who looked LC's age if they had any extra. 

We had to fly into another city and take a two hour shuttle to get home. We finally got home and my luggage didn't arrive. I didn't have a lot with me (except my diaper bag) because I had the stroller and car seat with me in the airport. While I was in the airport I hated having the car seat, but I'm so glad I didn't check it because I wouldn't have been able to get LC on the shuttle since our bags flew into our original destination and they didn't arrive anyway! The only bright spot of my trip (besides finally arriving safely) was that my sister was flying during this time also and she also got stuck in Chicago for a couple of hours.

We stayed with my parents until we closed on our house mid January and we moved into our first home about a month ago. Life has been good, but it's been a struggle for me. I am so bad at managing my time and for the first two weeks I had absolutely no patience with LC. It's getting better day by day, but it's still hard.

I LOVE being with him all day, but I don't feel like he's learning all that he needs to be and should be. I also feel like I have become domestic help and not really a true partner. I know that may sound stupid, but I sometimes feel like a maid more than a wife.

I just posted pics of my growing belly, and I will update more with what's going on with my pregnancy.




No comments:

Post a Comment