Thursday, July 21, 2011

Signed up for my first 10K

In just over 12 weeks I am going to be running my first 10K. I am pretty excited about it, but a bit nervous at the same time. So nervous in fact that I signed Mr. P up to run it also. My oldest sister had asked me to run one with her in April of next year, but since she is a bit of a flake, I expect that she will find some reason to not end up running it.
This race is October 8th, and it comes almost exactly one year after my Achilles tendon surgery and I don't know why, but that means a lot to me. I guess because two days after my surgery when the nerve block had worn off and I got my first sensation of pain, I never thought I was going to be normal again. I honestly felt like I would never get to the point where I was able to run again. So, running in a 10K almost a year later, is huge to me!!
My gym has a training team that starts in August that I plan on signing up for. I hope that will keep me motivated to train harder and maybe I'll meet a few people also. Mr. P and I have been here for just over a year and the only people we have met have been through infertility sources. It's nice to know people who have the same struggles as we do, but it's kinda draining also because it always seems to come up in conversation.
So here's to happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment