Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

So far this has been a great 4th of July weekend for us! Friday night we went out to dinner at a steakhouse in town that I have been dying to go to. It was pretty expensive, but since I have heard nothing but raves about it, I really wanted to try it out. I had scallops and Mr. P had a steak. We then shared a side of chipotle mac and cheese. I was pretty impressed! Mr. P said that it was just like any other steak. Since today is the day that I am starting to eat only organic for my next IVF I don't think I'll be back anytime soon, but I'm glad we decided to go before I quit eating non-organic.
Saturday we left to go camping. I have never camped out without Mr. P and every time we have done it, it was just kinda a go pitch your tent in the woods type of thing. Well Saturday we decided to go to a KoA campground. I have to say that I was okay with it because there were flushing toilets and running water. Mr. P was pissed because it wasn't "rustic" enough. I was okay with that. We were a bit close to our neighbors but again, that didn't really bother me. We spent Saturday night drinking and cooking out. This is supposed to be our last weekend drinking before we do our IVF in the fall also. I think I will be okay with that, but I don't think Mr. P will hold up to his end of that deal.
Sunday we went to a state park and hiked, biked, and Mr. P fished. Then we drove down to the Natural Bridge in VA. Before Mr. P mentioned it, I had never even heard of this bridge so I don't really know what I was expecting to see, but I have to say that it was surreal! I was completely stricken by that natural wonder.
By the time we finished at the natural bridge, it had started storming. I was pretty sure that our little tent wasn't going to make it through the storm, so we quickly tore down our campsite and headed back home. Kinda works out perfect since I have a few things to do for work today. Also, I need to run to the grocery store since I purged our house of many things that weren't organic in light of my new mission so we don't have much to eat here.

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment