Thursday, October 14, 2010

About Us

I am A and I am married to Mr. P - I would love to say that Mr. P is for Mr. Perfect, but lets get real, his first name starts with a P.  Mr. P and I met six years ago when we were in the Army's Transportation Officer Basic Course in Fort Eustis, Virginia. I like to think that we are pretty lucky beceause Mr. P was in the National Guard at the time and I was on Active Duty. This is one of the only schools that the Army has where it mixes the Reserves, National Guardsmen, and Active Duty personnel together.
I would love to say that when I met Mr. P it was love at first sight for both of us and we started dating right then and there and have never been apart since, but that would be a lie. When I first laid eyes on him I thought he was gorgeous and I made up my mind that he was going to be my conquest. In other words, I turned getting him into a game that was going to win. Unfortunately for me I was in a realationship at the time, and so was he. I knew this, because I'm a nosey bitch, and I asked him.

I happened to be names "squad leader" and Mr. P was in my squad. So I went around asking all my squad members about themselves so that I could get to know them. Not that I really cared about anyone except Mr. P, but I couldn't be that obvious. So, I learned that he had a girlfriend - who I pictured in my mind to be a petite, cute, burnette - and that he was going to spend the weekend with his sister and her new husband. I also learned that he was from West Virginia.
Now, I'm from Kansas, so I am very aware of the false sterotypes that exist. That doesn't mean that I don't believe other sterotypes that are out there about other states. All I knew and believed at that time about West Viginia is that the people there were racist. So, when Mr. P said that he was from West Virginia, I decided that as hot as he was, and as much of a conquest I had already determined he would be, his cute, petite, burnette could keep him.
Well over the rest of our 6 month course I never really talked to Mr. P that much. I became friends with two of his good friends and I would hang out with them, and he would just be there. Kind of like the third wheel, but there were four of us, and I was the only girl. I never really talked to him though in fact, I actually wondered if he did talk because he was always so damn quiet. Well one night we all went out and Mr. P was buying me drinks all night. About halfway through the night I got sick of the guys running interference anytime a guy would come talk to me so I decided that I was going to walk home. Mr. P offered to walk me home and when he did he told me that if my boyfriend and I ever broke up he would love to take me out. The next day I dumped my boyfriend and Mr. P and I started hanging out. And that is where it all begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment