Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mommy Fitness: 2 weeks 3 days Post Partum

I have decided that since I didn't post much about my pregnancy, I want to make sure I document my post-pregnancy recovery so that I can at least remember that. I know that this was my last pregnancy and I also know that this is going to be a struggle for me that I want to remember so that I can be proud of myself.
So, with LC I lost all of my weight in 8 weeks. I can already tell you that is not going to happen this time. It is two weeks and I am only down 20 pounds. My highest pregnancy weight was about 222, and I am currently 201. I was hoping to be less than 200 right now, but that hasn't happened.
I can honestly say that with LC I felt like shit for the first two weeks and was in a lot of pain. I couldn't walk for more than about 10-15 minutes without feeling intense pain in my lady region. This time around I have felt amazing! Once my epidural wore off I was able to walk around and I didn't even require pain medication in the hospital. I started walking Sunday. I am not yet walking every day, but I have walked three times this week so far, and I plan on walking again today. I'm not walking very fast, or far, but it's better than nothing. The only annoying thing is that I because the street we live on is not paved, I have to put the kids in the car and drive to a trail we can walk on. It's much easier to do when Mr. P is here, but 5 days out of the week he is not. Also, it has gotten pretty hot here so we have to go EARLY so that it's not to hot for SJ. One good thing is that we have decided that one day a week LC will go to hourly daycare on post. This will allow him to have time with other kids, me time to bond alone with SJ, me time to nap when SJ is napping, and finally a break from me having both kids all day. So, on those days (today is the first one) I plan on walking on our treadmill in the afternoon. This way I don't have to worry about not getting out the door so early.

So here are my my fitness goals for post partum week 3-4. I don't see the point of doing week 2-3 since I am almost over halfway done with it.

1. Drink more water
2. Quit my new found starburst addiction
3. Walk 5 days



















No comments:

Post a Comment