Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Transfer Tomorrow

I have my egg tansfer tomorrow and to say that I am scared would be an understatement. I am scared shitless. This cycle seemed to be taking forever when I was going through it, but now that it is almost over it feels as though it has flown by. I can't believe that it is almost over.
Obviously I finally got a call about our fertilization. After Mr. P and I both left messages with the clinic answering machine on Saturday, I finally got a call around 10 pm that said that of my 17 eggs only 8 had fertilized. Dr. T felt that was pretty good, but I was a bit skeptical of a 50% fert rate. He told me that I would hear from them on Monday to determine whether or not a 3 day transfer would be done.
Monday morning I got to work at 6 am so that if I had to do the transfer in the afternoon I could at least get a few hours of work in.
Around 9 they called and let me know that all 8 were doing well and that they were going to push out my transfer to a 5 day transfer. You would think that I would have been relieved by this since all weekend I prayed for a 5 day transfer, but it has actually stressed me out even more. I am so scared that tomorrow morning I am going to get a call saying that all of my embies didn't make it and that I have nothing left to transfer. I am so scared. This whole process is so scary and nerve wrecking and I honestly don't know if I could do this again. I am just praying that everything works. I really hope that God answers our prayers and allows us to start our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment