Thursday, March 10, 2011

8dp5dt

I tested this morning with at EPT digital. I was way to scared to read the results so I made Mr. P go in and read them. Actually, that is what I've done the past three months that I have even taken a HPT. Well, what do you know, it was negative. I can't believe this. I really can't believe that this cycle failed. We are just shocked and confused. I don't know what we could do any different next time to have a better outcome.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but while I am crushed, I had a feeling that this would be our outcome. I don't know why, but I always thought that this would take 2-3 times to work for us. I don't know why. I prayed that it would work on the first time, but I have always had a feeling that it would take us at least two trys.

We have no idea when we will try again. or how we will try again. By how, I am referring to another  fresh IVF cycle complete with the follicle stimulating drugs, enema, and douching, or a frozen cycle where they thaw one or two of our five frozen blastocysts. I guess that will depend mostly on what the doctor suggests, but I personally am leaning towards a fresh cycle. I hate taking the drugs, I hate the eneman, and I have having to inject myself, but I am somewhat convinced that we have better odds with a fresch transfer. I don't know why.

By when we we will try again I am referring to me not knowing my RE's protocol for a second IVF cycle. I remember him saying before that he wanted us to wait a cycle after a failed IVF cycle so I am assuming that once I get my period in March we would wait for my normal cycle to start again in April, and then in April I could start IVF number 2. I could be wrong though because for some reason I am thinking that I have to wait till May. I don't know. I prefer that we can cycle again with BCP's starting on CD3 of the period I get in April.

 I guess when we try again will depend a lot on our tax return too! IVF is so expensive. We have about 50% coverage and we still ended up paying almost $7000 out of pocket for this cycle. At our clinic Frozen Embryo Transfers (FET) run about $3000 (supposedly) so it would definitely be a lot cheaper to do the FET than another fresh cycle. Not to mention that the FET would be a lot less taxing on my body. I am curious what the real cost of the frozen cycle is. I swear everytime I think I know what the cost of my IVF cycle is going to be, I get a bill for something else!

I guess we will wait to see what the doctor says though before we really make up our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment