Saturday, December 4, 2010

Update

OMG I can't believe it is December already! Time has just been flying by. We really haven't had much change in our lives lately. We went to the Smokey Mountains for Thanksgiving with Mr.P's parents, his sister, her husband, and their son. We wented a cabin and to my surprise we had a great time. I actually caught a cold the Wednesday we left so I was sick the entire time and still had a pretty decent time. Saturday night we went to The Dixie Stampede at Dollywood to watch their Christmas special. It was a really neat experience and I am really glad that I went.
My leg is getting a lot better I started physical therapy the Wednesday we left for the Smokey Mountains also and I can almost put my left foot at a 90 degree angle. This morning I was able to put my foot down on the floor of the shower for the first time in two months. I still have to sit down to shower as I can't stand up yet, but to be able to put my foot down at all was a great feeling! It is at an angle, but at least it's progress.
Mr. P and I had a long talk about trying to conceive. We decided that we would go back to the RE if this cycle doesn't work. Since we switched insurance since the last time we were at the RE we had to get it preapproved again. I was really impressed at how quickly we got it approved, and a bit shocked also. When I called they really just asked me a few questions, and then said I was approved. I thought for sure they were going to make me submit some sort of proof but that wasn't the case.
I called yesterday to schedule our consultation to see where Dr. R wants us to start. When I initially called I talked to the nurse and she wanted to go over our chart with Dr. R before she scheduled our appointment. I have been excited to get back to treatment and nervous at the same time. Last year when we did our last IUI Dr. R mentioned that if this, our third IUI didn't work, we might need to move on to IVF. The nurse called me back and the first thing she asked was if I had ever talked with Dr. R about IVF. My heart sank. With our new insurance we have IVF coverage, but we are to try less costly methods first, which are IUI. I really thought that we were going to be instructed to do three more IUI's before IVF was even on the table. I asked her if we were going to do any IUI's and she told me that they only suggested 3-4 IUI's max prior to moving on to IVF, then she reminded me as if I had forgotten, that I had already done three failed IUI's. She said that I could try another one, but that Dr. R would talk to me about that. I scheduled our consult for Dec 17th which would be after I could start treatment for an IUI if this current cycle failed. I am such a sissy. I am so afraid that he is going to suggest that we move on to IVF, that I intentionally delayed our consultation.
I talked to Mr. P about it and to my complete shock he was okay with everything. I can't tell if it's because he is still holding out hope that we will get pregnant on our own, or if he is just okay with going forward. Personally I think after spending Thanksgiving with his nephew he is just really ready to start a family and is okay with whatever we have to do. Honestly, I was kinda hoping he didn't want to go to IVF yet because I'm scared, but I will just have to accept it. It's not that don't want to do IVF, I'm just scared.
I know you can't live on "what if's", but what if IVF doesn't work. That is really our last chance and I don't know what I would do. To go through all of that and still not have a baby would crush me to pieces. I can't even think about it. So I guess we are really about to start this journey again.

No comments:

Post a Comment