Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Good News (maybe)

So whem Mr. P came home for lunch today he was able to share some hopefully good news! Backstory first, Mr. P just graduated law school in May. He applied for and was accepted into the Active Duty Army JAG Corp, but he won't get commissioned into the corp until July of 2011. So right now he is still a Transportation Corp officer in the National Guard, and he works at a temp agency doing claims work. Last weekend he had drill and he was asking his training NCO about opportunities for him to get some full time work in since his claims job will end after Thanksgiving. His training NCO told him about three possibilities. 1. He could do another AT in December - his unit has some mission where they need addtional support so they have the option to work for 15 days full time. The problem is that with my current injury status, I am too dependent on Mr. P for him to leave me for three weeks as his unit is in another state.
2. Same as option 1, but it is in January. I should be more independent by then, but it would suck to lose Mr. P for three weeks.
3. He could go to his Captains Career Course Active Duty - this would be awesome! The course is only a short commute away so he could drive back and forth daily, and it's almost six months long! This would basically employ him until he started JAG! I would be so excited!

Well, when Mr. P came home from work, he told me that he talked to his training NCO and there are 7 slots open in the course. His NCO is going to call down to the school house today and see if he can enroll him. Please keep your fingers crossed for Mr. P! I know I would be so excited and he would too! Not to mention that since I just finished the course, I have all the materials that he would be needing so I could easily help him out with all of his classwork. I hope I don't jinx us by posting about it, but I'm just really excited. More to follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment