Thursday, October 10, 2013

LC’s Daycare

I don’t know if I have mentioned it here before or not, but I can’t stand my son’s daycare. Why then, you ask, do I send him there? Well, because 6 months ago we moved to be closer to our jobs since we were both commuting over an hour one way to work every day.  Unfortunately we now live close to a military base in a not so nice town, and this is the best option in the area that we live in. This center is supposedly accredited and is the closest fit to his old daycare, so we went with it. And I HATE it. Previously LC was at a Primrose and I loved it. Now he is at a Goddard, and I hate it.
I don’t feel like the teachers at this daycare interact with the kids as much as they did at Primrose, every time I go in to pick him up, the teachers are sitting down and the kids are playing on their own. I never see the teachers playing with the kids. He has one teacher in particular who is always sitting down barking at the kids. If they are doing something wrong, she doesn’t get up, she just yells at them across the room. Goddard doesn’t provide any linens for the kids, and it grosses me out that they sleep on mats on the floor. Really, do raised cots cost that much?
They do not provide lunch at our school, and they don’t heat up what we bring for our child. So, I guess they don’t care that children don’t eat warm nutritious meals. They do provide two snacks, and their snacks are such items such as oatmeal cookies and juice, animal crackers and juice, wheat thins and water, trail mix. Where is the fruit/vegetable and protein? Then, the “art” they do with the kids is laughable. They just give them construction paper and makers. REALLY, does it take that much time to look up art projects to do with a one year old online?
Thank goodness we are moving soon because I can’t STAND him going to this daycare.

No comments:

Post a Comment