Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

I had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  We went back home for the Holiday and it is always nice to be home. I usually only get home about once a year, so when I do go home, it is like a mad dash to try to see all my family and friends.
I don’t really know how to write this post, because there is so much shit on my mind that I want to get off.
I have a friend who has a LO about a month older than LC. Last year when I was home we took a pic of them sitting side by side in their strollers. This year we took another pic of them sitting side by side and it is amazing to see how  much they have changed. This got me thinking about all the things that have gone on in LCs first year. All this shit that no one tells you about when you go to parenting classes.
1.       No one ever mentioned to me that LO’s who are breastfeeding can have reactions to what their moms are eating. I NEVER heard of MSPI and I had no idea that LC shit blood because of what I was eating.
2.       I didn’t know that babies could have reflux.
3.       I didn’t know that babies could spit up because their tummies didn’t empty fast enough and they could have something called Delayed Gastric Emptying (DGE). Luckily for us LC had a VERY MILD case of this, but I just thought babies spit up. I didn’t know there COULD BE other things going on.
Another thing that I was thinking about this weekend was how naïve I have been when it comes to TTC baby number 2. For some reason I just assumed that since I had one successful pregnancy, that when I got pregnant again, it would be fine. I NEVER in a million years thought I would have a miscarriage. Then when I got pregnant yet again, I never in a million years thought I would have a SECOND miscarriage. It’s just so funny to me how things turn out. How you imagine your life will be, and how things really end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment