Thursday, March 14, 2013

OMG - It's been a while!

As I sit here and type this I cannot believe that it has been over a year since I’ve updated and also almost a whole year since I’ve had a baby!! Blogging is my release in some ways and I believe that is why I have found my way back to my blog. This blog is titled Under Construction Happily Ever After because Happily Ever After is a work in progress, and the past couple of months for me have been trying. But I am here, and I am surviving.

So, where to start…. Well on March 19th, 2012 at 5:29pm I welcomed into the world LCSW! He was a beautiful gorgeous little boy who was born with at full head of hair. I guess what they say about heartburn is true. At least it was for me. When LC came home our world changed and we quickly learned that we were no longer in charge, but it was the best blessing ever. Unfortunately we found out that LC had severe acid reflux, was Milk Soy Protein Intolerant (MSPI), and had Delayed Gastric Emptying (DGE). Unfortunately for both us and LC was that we found this out because LC would cry inconsolably for hours and would constantly spit up.  Fortunately, we were able to get him on medicine, change my diet (I was breastfeeding) and all has gotten so much better.

I was fortunate enough that I got to stay home with LC for almost 5 months. I went back to work on August 6th and that is when I noticed the changes in me. I am pretty sure that I had the post baby blues and I just never realized it. I tried so hard to put on this façade that life was great and that I was doing fantastic, but the truth is I was struggling big time. When I went back to work, it all just fell apart. I became hostile to those around me because I didn’t know how to accept the changes in my life and therefore the relationships with those around me suffered. All relationships, those with friends, family, co-workers, and my marriage suffered as well. I know this isn’t a great backstory, but it is what it is. So, I will go on from here (hopefully daily) with my truth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment